Sunday, November 16, 2008

Half a world away

Once again its been a long time since my last post, and once again a lot has been happening.
Some of it very good, and some of it very sad. I will come to all that soon enough, but to cut a very long story short, Amanda and I now find ourselves across the Atlantic and in Nottingham.

I got my place on a Post Graduate Journalism course here in Nottingham, and having successfully negotiated the employment department, Amanda is now job-hunting.
All is going reasonably well, and though busy, the course is totally absorbing.
As a point of getting used to writing as much as possible, I'm going to attempt to write as often as possible here, and upload as many of my articles that I can.
I've got an area of the city to cover (my patch) which very conveniently is Forest Fields, the area we're living in, so I'm regularly out and about chatting to locals and finding out just what is going on of interest here.

And the answer is quite encouraging. So far I've found plenty to write about, and if I had more time and energy, I'd have probably written far more and spoken to far more people than I have already.

So as it approaches midnight here I will write soon.

No comments: